If you’re looking for fun sensory bin ideas, you’ve come to the right place! Sensory bins are a great form of sensory play as well as a fun way to entertain your little one.
*This blog post is created in partnership with & sponsored by ABC Pediatric Therapy*
What is a Sensory Bin?
If you’re not familiar with sensory bins, they can seem like nothing more than a container with a bunch of toys and things. And well, that’s not far off. Sensory bins are a plastic bin or container that is filled with an assortment of material designed to stimulate all the senses through play.
Sensory bins should be open-ended, meaning that kids are free to play with its contents however they see fit. There is no right or wrong way to explore and play. Some kids might require direction at first or they may prefer for you to play with them – that’s ok too!
What are the benefits of A Sensory Bin?
- Improves fine motor skills through actions such as pinching, pouring and scooping
- Expands language skills as they describe the different items in the bin or even create their own imaginative world within it
- Develops social skills such as sharing and communicating if multiple children are playing together
- Meets sensory needs by engaging all the sense – touching, smelling, hearing, seeing and tasting (if appropriate!)
- Encourages imaginative play by providing an open-ended environment where the possibilities are endless
Four Bins To Make Today:
*remember, create bins that are age appropriate for your child – use caution adding small objects if you don’t think your child is ready*
Rubber Ducky Bubble Bath
What bin is your favorite? Playtime is a wonderful time to watch and observe for any developmental delays. ABC Pediatric Therapy has so many developmental resources, including a guide to Your Child’s First Year – ABC Pediatric Therapy and Parenting with A Sensory Approach. For more information visit abcpediactrictherapy.com or click here to contact with any questions: ABC Pediatric Therapy – Contact Us