PinkBlush sent me this beautiful black and brown dress & I’m loving it! I haven’t done a 9 Things round up since Sept. – so I am way over due! I’ve been really spending the last couple months of 2019 focusing on my wardrobe and my style. I want my closet to be an easy mix and match – more neutrals! Alli of @Astylebreeze featured me in her Cincinnati fashion blogger round up of last year & labeled my style “casual chic.” I always knew I loved a mix of casual and dressy – but never labeled myself. I’m so grateful for Alli’s post! I don’t know if she knows how much her just simply sharing that meant to me. It seemed so subtle – but was such a great help! Since putting a name on my style – it’s been so easy for me to focus while shopping!
I paired this PinkBlush dress with my new Air Force Ones – what do you think? I do looove a good combo of casual+chic! Give me a dress and gym shoes any day! The side slit in this dress gives me life. It’s perfect for layering – light enough to throw a sweater over when the temps drop! We’ve had a weird holiday here in Cincy & it’s been unusually warm!
1.Merry Christmas 🎄 I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! As much as I tried to hold on tight and never let go – it sure flew by – like it always does. We had a great time hosting Christmas dinner for the first time. I think this made Christmas day last longer. Not having to pack up the boys and head up to my parents was so nice, they could stay home and enjoy all of their toys with my family! We did break into this terrible habit of staying up until 1 am watching movies & sleeping in until 10 🙃🙂 I will regret this in the AM when I wake up for my first day at my new job (more on that below) at least I have some time to get the boys back on schedule before school start
2. One of my favorite Christmas presents were my new Air Force Ones – Yes, you read that correctly. Derrek unwillingly bought me Air Force Ones. He knows how much I hate gym shoes and did not want to waste the money. I have yet to take them off. I’m wearing them with my new PinkBlush dress above! I do not like gym shoes – hate having me feet confined – BUT – I love these so much! They are so comfy. I need them now in every color. Highly recommend ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ These are the Sage Low – I think the higher platform really help with comfort! If you’re looking into a pair – pull the trigger – you won’t regret it! This style is hard to come by – I wanted white, settled for black, but actually love them! Keep an eye out and snag them up quick when they come back in stock!
3. Good Morning, Good Life – Great book I’m reading! Amy Landino is incredible & I love her content – no surprise her book is just as incredible. I’m so glad I stumbled upon this Ohio girl via listening to one of my favorite podcasts – the skinny confidential – and I haven’t looked back since! Great new year read – highly recommend!
4. My new Customized Girl clothing has launched – and you’re the first to find out!! I’ve been working on these designs for a couple months now just making sure they were perfect. I wanted to order some for myself and see how they look in person before sharing with the world! I’m obsessed!!! Customized Girl honestly never lets me down – their quality is incredible! What’s your favorite?! I really love the sweatshirts – right now they are perfect to wear over a dress or pair with jeans. Shop them for yourself here! Use code MM10 to save 10% at check out!
5. Harry Styles – Fine Line – no need to say more. The boys even love every song on the album. Trevor asked for the vinyl for Xmas – seeing him so excited to open it was sooo much fun! We haven’t stopped listening! Favorite song?
6. Tiktok – are you on it? It took me a minute to figure it out – old people problems – but now – I’m hooked – I’m tagging friends in videos everyday. The creators over there are soooo funny. Don’t get me wrong, there’s some cringe content – mine included. But it’s really lighthearted easy, fun content to create or indulge in. Don’t say I didn’t warn you though – it will easily be you’re new favorite app! Follow me – ddotts_
7. Masked singer – does anyone else watch this?! We started watching last season kinda with the same intentions I had joining TikTok – as a joke – but it’s freaking good! *spoiler alert 🚨 don’t read any more if you haven’t seen the finale* I guessed just about everyone down to the finale 4 correct and was so hype. I knew Wayne Brady from day one. I was such a strange kid – forget cartoons – give me who’s line is it anyway reruns 🥰😍🥰 I seriously thought it was the funniest thing on TV!! I had a crush on Wayne growing up so instantly knew it was him!! If you haven’t gave this show a chance – please do! You won’t regret it!
8. New year – I’m really excited about this new year, but as we officially kissed 2019 goodbye, I’m kinda scared 😬 I think 2020 is where I have to show up and be my best self – and yes, we say that every year don’t we!? But this year has more pressure riding on it for me. I turn 30 in 2020. I just quit my job a few weeks ago so I’m on to something new. Things are changing – BUT – I can not be scared. I can not sit still in fear. This is my time to show up and do the best I can and then some. It’s going to be hard – but it will be rewarding – and personally that’s where I thrive!! I have to leave fear behind in 2019. How do you feel about the new year? I think 2020 is going to be incredible! I just think we all have to show up and own it!
9. New job who dis – sooooo first off, I want to say a huge THANK YOU for all the love, support, and kindness shown on my IG post sharing that I quit my job! It was one of those feelings that I had to scream from the social media rooftops – I QUIT MY JOB! Being able to leave that job was honestly something I wasn’t sure I would be able to do anytime soon! I wasn’t actively looking for a new job, but I received a job offer out of left field I just could not refuse. I am so excited to share that I will be joining the team at a local marketing agency running their social media, email, and influencer marketing! It’s something I am extremely passionate about & excited to dive in! So stay tuned for more info – more me – more ddotts! A new adventure!
Sooo much new and fresh coming to my life in 2020 – so much new and fresh coming to ddotts blog! I know it’s been quiet around here lately, the last few months of 2019 spun me around faster than I could comprehend!
To read my last 9 things post click here.
What do you want to see from me in 2020? What’s new with you? Comment below and let me know!