If you’re wanting to:
gain a following
snag brand deals
overall – stand out from the crowd
your first impression on the gram is your Instagram bio!
So here’s a few of my tips/tricks/insights to make your first impression strong & stand out!
- Remember you only have 150 characters and one clickable link – so you have to make it count!
- Say who you are and what you do with a little spice and flavor! I think it’s important to be YOU and make that known. Showcase your personality!
- Embrace the emoji or special character.
- Intro your bio with one of these or similar:
- “most days you can find me”
- “I am mostly known for”
Right now my bio has the tag line I have been using over the past couple years:
“sharing what I like with the people I love”
- It’s nice on the eye to use line breaks. To do this I edit in notes and copy and paste.
- You can now use hashtags in your bio! This is the perfect place to add your custom hashtag or most relevant.
- Location, location, location! Once I added my location into my bio – my following grew like crazy! If you’re trying to build a following to where you are. This could be important!
- Know that the name you use in your bio (the bold 30 characters under your user name) is used in keyword searches, this is important to help others find you!
I hope that this inspires you to take a look at your IG bio and spruce it up a bit! Is there anything else you do to stand out in you bio? If you add some flair to you bio after reading this please screen share and tag!