WITHOUT ANY prompting, ask your child these questions and write down EXACTLY what they say. It is a great way to find out what they really think!
(This photo is from Father’s Day Dinner @ Rusty Bucket. We did no cell phones. It was so nice to have conversations distraction free)
We did this for fun snuggled on the couch with J this week. I’ve been trying to find things to occupy the boys instead of video games. We switched up the questions and would ask about mom and then dad. You could totally ask about an aunt, grandpa, etc. We didn’t write them down when we just asked J, but next time I think I will record it as a video so I don’t miss out on anything while typing.
Make sure if you create a video or type it out to say/write their age. Written down or made into a video-I think this would be an adorable gift for mom, dad, grandma, etc.
1. What is something mom/dad always says to you?
2. What makes mom/dad happy?
3. What makes mom/dad sad?
4. How does your mom/dad do to make you laugh?
5. What do you think your mom/dad was like as a child?
6. How old is your mom/dad?
7. How tall is your mom/dad?
8. What is her/his favorite thing to do?
9. What does your mom/dad do when you’re not around?
10. If your mom/dad becomes famous, what will it be for?
11. What is your mom/dad really good at?
12. What is your mom/dad not very good at?
13. What does your mom/dad do for a job?
14. What is your mom/dad’s favorite food?
15. What makes you proud of your mom/dad?
16. If your mom/dad were a character, who would (s)he be?
17. What do you and your mom/dad do together?
18. How are you and your mom/dad the same?
19. How are you and your mom/dad different?
20. How do you know your mom/dad loves you?
21. What does your mom/dad like most about you?
22. Where is your mom/dad’s favorite place to go?
23. How old was your Mom/dad when you were born?
Some other fun things we asked about were:
Wendy’s VS McDonalds
Ice Cream VS Frozen Yogurt
Chicken Nuggets VS Cheese Burgers
Snuggling VS Playing A Game
Video Games VS Watching Movies
Reading A Book VS Coloring
I’ll work on some interview questions your children can answer all about THEMSELVES! I hope you enjoy this fun way to start conversations, savor memories, and get off the screens this summer!
Have a wonderful weekend!